WHAT “INDUSTRY 4.0” MEANS
The concept Industry 4.0 indicates a trend in industrial automation aimed at integrating new technologies to improve working conditions and increase productivity and plant’s production quality
BP AUTOMATION IS STRUCTURED TO PROVIDE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS IN INDUSTRY 4.0
A- Centralized production process management. Energy consumption reporting. Predictive maintenance through a “SCADA” supervision system for data management. Two-way dialogue in real time with existing equipment, integrating sensor systems and implementing machinery management software. Everything can be inserted in the plant’s data network, or by applying products with a wireless system.
1- Data collection from components already present in the machinery, consumption, production, waste, pressure, temperature etc. and related dialogue with CN, PLC, PC.
2- Memorization of maintenance interventions, by installing a new operator panel on the machine, where it is possible to access all the data and record the interventions carried out.
3- Part program modifications for machine and tools for standby after setting a time range for:
– Absence of work pieces
– Analysis and data collection
4- Application of vibrational analysis sensors to detect the rolling bearing decay state of motors and spindles using dedicated sensors depending on frequency
5- Energy consumption analysis, electricity, compressed air, liquids, through the implementation and connection of appropriate instrumentation.
В- All the above mentioned machines must be equipped with features such as: control system by CNC and /or PLC; possibility of interconnection to factory information systems with remote loading of instructions and / or part program; possibility of integration with the logistics system, the supply network and / or with other machinery of the production cycle; possibility of simple and intuitive interface between man and machine; compliance with the most recent parameters of safety, health and hygiene at work.
C- Moreover all the machines must be equipped with at least two of the following properties in order to make them integrable:
Remote maintenance and / or remote diagnosis systems.
- Continuous monitoring of working conditions and process parameters through appropriate sensor sets.
- Integrability between the physical machine and the modeling and / or simulation of its own behavior in the execution of the process.
- Devices, instrumentation and intelligent components for integration, sensorization and / or interconnection and automatic control of the processes used also in the modernization or revamping of existing systems.
- Filters and systems for treatment and recovery of air, water, oil, chemical and organic substances, dust.
- Intelligent man-machine interfaces [HMI] that assist the operator for the purposes of safety and efficiency of the operations of processing, predective maintenance, logistics.